CruiseT consequently will support the aims and objectives of ENPI East as well as the regional and national TEMPUS priorities for Georgia and Ukraine by developing and establishing cooperation with eastern neighbourhood states as well as intraregional cooperation inside the Black Sea Region in the field of tourism.
CruiseT will increase and enhance university cooperation in the field of education in tourism between EU states and eastern neighborhood states (Georgia, Ukraine) in concordance with the Lisbon Agenda and the Bologna process in order to support the reforms of higher education and it will support the development of tourism and especially increase the quality of cruising tourism in the Black Sea Region. Furthermore CruiseT will increase the attractiveness of universities in the partner countries around the Black Sea.
CruiseT is going to achieve the following outputs/outcomes:
- Intensifying of cooperation between universities, enterprises, professional associations and public administration of the tourism sector in Georgia and Ukraine,
- Development and establishment of a cooperation network and 3 regional competence centres in order to support and to develop cruising tourism in the Black Sea Region,
- Improvement of professional qualification of project partners in the field of cruising tourism and further relevant subjects of tourism,
- Development and establishment of an education and training programme in the field of cruising tourism in Georgia and Ukraine supporting lifelong learning,
- Elaboration, testing and implementation of research and consulting services of the partner universities around the subject cruising tourism which are relevant for practice of enterprises and public administrations,
- Development and implementation of a system of quality control and quality assurance of the project outputs/outcomes,
- Implementation of actions to foster sustainability and dissemination of project results.
CruiseT is based on the bottom-up initiatives of the tourism sector in the field of cruising tourism and sustainably strengthens these initiatives by the scientific expertise of the universities from the European Union, from the partner countries and from Turkey as experts of education, research and innovation