Precondition for admission to the Master’s Program
A bachelor or a person with an academic degree equalized with the right to study the educational program on the basis of common Master's Exams (B Tests) or in accordance with the rule established by the legislation of Georgia without passing general Master's Examinations. The additional condition for entering Master’s Program is:
- Internal university exam in specialty;
- Confirmation of the knowledge level of foreign language (B2) certification or with examination.
The right to study in the program can obtain a student from another higher education institution based on mobility in compliance with Georgian legislation and rules of regulation of educational process.
Educational Program Objectives
The aim of the educational program corresponds to the mission, values, goals and objectives of Ltd Guram Tavartkiladze Tbilisi Teaching University as well as the mission of the Business and Social Sciences Faculty, Goals and Strategies.
International Business Management Master's Education Program is focused on the modern requirements of the employment market, and is achievable and clearly defined. Its main purpose is to formulate the graduate and develop values based on universal ideals and values;
Promote a competent, publicly responsible International Business Management Specialist in a qualified, labor and educational market by offering higher education standards to meet the modern standards; Create conditions for realizing their personal resources. The aim of the program is to prepare international business management, qualified and competent specialist who will have international business management as a unified system, in-depth knowledge, specific practical skills and competencies based on modern national and international scientific approaches.
The graduate will be able to
- Deeply consider and evaluate the circumstances surrounding global companies;
- Deeply assess the operating system of international companies;
Define and select modern management tools and models in the management of corporations;
The graduate will be able to
- Widely and in-depth use of business research principles, methods and models of scientific research;
- Independently implement the strategies for exchanging global markets and determining their development alternatives;
- Carry out systematic and in-depth analysis of the ongoing processes in the global business and make deliberate management decisions;
- Based on critical analysis of complex and incomplete information, formulate grounded conclusions in depth;
- To make global goals creatively use modern information and communication technologies;
- Perform flexible behavior in adaptation to the new environment;
- Implement the novelties of fundamental and in depth learning and constantly improve their teaching;
To protect and cultivate intercultural and national values in corporate culture;
The flexible structure of the program aims at facilitating student mobility in universities in Georgia and abroad, as well as to prepare for their studies in Doctoral Studies.
Master’s Program Study Outcomes
The educational program should ensure the development of general and field competences necessary for international business management.
In particular, after completing the educational program, the graduate must have the following competencies:
The graduate will be able to
- Description and formulation of modern approaches to manage the global companies and the characteristics of their conduction;
- Peculiarities of implementation of operations on global markets and assessment of operating environment;
- In-depth discussion of the characteristics of intercultural communication;
- Selection of negotiation instruments;
- Assessment of global marketing communications;
- Interconnection and depth assessment of the characteristics of international industrial policies;
- Confrontation of economic development aspects of the offshore centers;
- Develop and explain the detail of the financial portfolio and management accounting in modern companies;
- In-depth review and evaluation of fundamental issues of strategic management;
- Assessment of the relationship between the organizational structure model and strategy model of the companies;
- Goods classification levels and in-depth evaluation;
- Review and evaluation of marketing management system;
- Comparison of types of competitive strategies;
- Determination of marketing planning structure ;
Use of knowledge in practice
The graduate will be able to
- The wide and in depth use of scientific approaches in research; Exploring the specific problem using a wide range of scientific terminology; The results scientifically justification and the argumentative conclusions;
- Research and assessment of the field competition factors ;
- Define the level of competition in the field of KFS analysis;
- Comparing of the Pricing policy elements and alternate price model formulation;
- Strategic partner selection, Marketing-Mix Modeling;
- Independent preparation of companies' revitalization strategies;
- Use marketing control principles in organizational culture
- Evaluate marketing efficiency and marketing budget elements;
- Analytical assessment of the ongoing processes in the global business sector, in-depth and fundamental understanding of the changes, adopt their respective decision independently;
- Analyze and evaluate the financial portfolio of the company and preparation of general purpose financial statements;
- Determination of the commodity policy on foreign markets and developing a marketing communication tract for positioning of goods;
- Distribution of goods, channel outlets;
Ability to make conclusions
The graduate should be able to
Logical and argumentative justification of the measures to address the problems of the global market; clearly formation of their own opinions and conclusions;
- Communication on their own conclusions and arguments with the academic and professional societies as well as non-specialists;
- Organize business meetings and presentations using appropriate professional terminology, including foreign languages;
Ability to adapt to a new environment
Ranking adaptation mechanisms to environmental variables to ensure flexibility of the company;
- Continuation of the processes and innovations in the global environment and the continual updating of knowledge;
- Search for new and original ways of solving complex problems in international business management
- Respect of national and multicultural values and recognition of moral and ethical norms of various countries and their protection in international companies.
Description of the Master program modules
Within the framework of the educational program, learning is undertaken by the main requirements of the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS). The learning process is based on the modular teaching principles and is intended to enhance the knowledge acquisition and level of self-education based on the choice of training courses and individualization of the teaching process within the specific Master Program. The master program consists of 3 modules and implies division of training courses in the following principle:
Specialty Basic Training Course Module - Module includes 24 credits where 12 credits are required for obligatory courses and 12 credits for elective courses. The main goal of training courses is to study the basic directions and concepts of global business and economics, acquisition of technology in-depth analysis of modern achievements in different fields of science, in-depth acquisition of field skills, expansion of erudition, critical analysis, acquisition of the cause-effective relationships independently, establishing independent depth of assessments and community skills.
Specialty Study Courses Module - Module includes 54 credits comprising compulsory (36 credits) and elective (18 credits) study courses.
The specialty module students are undergoing in the autumn and spring semester. The objective of studying module training courses is to acquire and expand in-depth knowledge of the specialized specialty, in-depth understanding of specific areas within the boundaries and development of skills required for professional career development. Specialty module determines to pass the subject specific competences, implementation skills independently in specialty. 42 credits are given to professional practice (12 credits) and Master's Thesis (30 credits).
Professional practice is a necessary component of Master's program, where the Master will develop their theoretical knowledge and the ability to use them to practice independently (see syllabus of professional practice). Master's students will undergo professional practice in organizations with which the university has signed a contract on mutual cooperation, which formally confirm the readiness to undergo the practice individually to a particular master; Also the student can undergo practice in his / her workplace if he / she works according to the specialty; After the end of the practice, the student must present the report to the relevant chair to its public defense. In this component the Master student must collect 12 credits.
Master Thesis Preparation /Defense - The master's program includes the completion of master's thesis, which is intended for 30 credits. The program structure enables the student to create an individual curriculum at the expense of a combination of compulsory and elective disciplines. Every discipline of the program is determined by the type of course (lecture; seminar; exercise; practical or laboratory work; individual study with supervisor; consultation; independent practice; professional practice, etc.) Studying activity type (attendance at lectures, performing special tasks; Development of technical skills; Writing essays, summaries, course work; Reading books and scientific articles; Study of constructive criticism of others' papers; Holding meetings; Etc.) and assessment type (verbal and / or written test; presentation; test report; protection of research work; continuous assessment, etc.). Selection of elective study courses according to semesters students can, if they wish, in accordance with the basic requirements set out the study program.
Study courses are available in the course program curriculum. (Table)
Qualification to be granted
After obtaining the number of credits established by the educational program, the graduate is conferred with the Qualification / Academic Degree: Master of Business Administration in International business Management. The graduate will also get the bilingual supplement to the diploma; The Diploma Supplement follows the model developed by the European Commission, European council and UNESCO/ CEPES.
Taking into consideration the necessary theoretical knowledge and research or practical activities in the course of the study, the graduates can employ in the business and economical spheres of state and private structures. Masters will be able to carry out activities in the legislative and executive branches of the state, state organizations and institutions; In NGO structures; International companions and organizations; in the international corporations of Georgia, both in industrial and service sector joint ventures; Banking and financial groups, insurance companies and etc. Types of Master's professional activities are: Planning, organizing, motivating, coordinating, regulating and controlling activities of international companies. Organizational-management, administrative-business, information-analytical, consultative-expert, research, pedagogical and other activities and independently making professional decisions in the upper level of management leading positions.
Graduates of the Master Program can, if they wish, continue their studies in Doctoral or Master’s other programs to advance the qualification.