Precondition for admission to the Educational Program
- A person has the right to study on the educational program, who passed the united national exams in accordance with the order established by the order of the Minister of Education and Science of Georgia and on the basis of the ranking points entrants obtained the right to enroll at the university.
- Study is permissible without passing united national exams on the educational programs in accordance with the rule established by the legislation.
- The right to study on the program can be obtained by the internal mobility of Ltd Guram Tavartkiladze Tbilisi Teaching University's other faculty or other higher education institution bachelor’s program student on the basis of external mobility in compliance with the requirements of regulation of Georgian legislation and Ltd GNTU's educational process.
Educational Program Objectives
The aim of the educational program corresponds to the mission, values, goals and objectives of Ltd Guram Tavartkiladze Tbilisi Teaching University as well as Business, Social Sciences Faculty, mission, objectives and Sstrategies. The bachelor's educational program is focused on the modern demands of the employment market, and is clearly established. Its main purpose is to form and develop a bachelor’s common human ideals and values;
Offering higher quality education for modern standards to bring up competitively, publicly responsible business administration specialist in marketing, management and finances on a qualified, labour and educational market; Create conditions for realizing their personal resources.
The aim of the program is to prepare in business management direction management, marketing and finance management, qualified and competent specialist, which will be based on modern national and international scientific approaches, broad theoretical knowledge of the unified system of marketing management and financial management, as well as specific practical skills and competences and able to:
- To introduce students theoretical-methodological and scientific basis of business administration, provide a wide range of knowledge in marketing, management and finances, innovative approaches, entrepreneurial thinking and managerial skills;
- To formulate business ideas, constructing competitive strategies in Marketing Management and Finances sphere; ability to implement programs, projects and small scale research;
Within its competence
Based on the creative use of information technologies, To develop data retrieval,in the field of management, marketing and finances, ability to process and analyze the problem, determine ways of solving it and drawing argumentative conclusions;
- To develop effective communication in the field of business administration and in professional spheres, as well as presentation in native and foreign languages,
- To develop innovations and constant improvement of their own learning, professional subordination / adaptation in the staff, ability to conduct moral and ethical norms and values of business and carry on corporate culture;
The flexible structure of the program aims at promoting student mobility in the Georgian universities and abroad, as well as preparing them to continue their studies in the master's degree program. The graduates of the program may, in case of their wish, acquire other programs for upgrading their qualifications.
Educational Program Study Outcomes
The educational program should provide the development of general and field competences for graduates of Business Administration.
The graduate will be ableto
Within its competence, the Bachelor should be able to:
- Description of business forms and types; Determine the characteristics of the business environment; Description of the basic elements of management theories, concepts functions; Description of the Practical Management Practices; Determination of key characteristics of entrepreneurial structures;
- Explaining the economic and legal leverage of entrepreneurship; Description and contact of the new product manufacturing characteristics, production systems;
- Characterization of financial indicators of business; assessment of accounting elements, preparing financial documentation;
- Formulate and describe the theoretical and methodological basics and principles of business and entrepreneurship; Explaining the quantitative characteristics of events and processes in the economy and business; Definition of positive and normative analysis; Simple analysis and assessment of the operating system of entrepreneurial subjects;
- Explanation of the ongoing processes in business sphere and description of changes in social-economic and political environment; Explanation of the necessity of functioning, motivators and implementation tools of the international companies;
- Description of marketing theoretical foundations and basic concepts; Definition of marketing activities, structures, marketing strategies; Description of Marketing Complex and Marketing Budget;
Ability to use knowledge in practice
- Formation of business idea. Develop a business plan, define its parameters and use it in practice; Determining the required infrastructure for business;
- Determine competition and develop competitive strategies; Demonstrate and Connect Marketing Strategy and Plan to Ensure Effectiveness of Business Processes; Selection of marketing events and use of modern approaches; Effective use of marketing communication channels;
- Complex performance and correct interpretation of statistical analysis results; Calculation, analysis and evaluation of entrepreneurial performance indicators; Use of adequate methods to address the problems related to the specific problem and solve them; (Including bachelor's work)
- Evaluation of the operating system's peculiarities; Determination of the chain of value, evaluation of the main economic characteristics of the companies; Small scale research / project implementation.
Conclusion making skills
In his scope of competence Bachelor will be able to:
- Finding, processing, and concluding data for the problem of business sphere;
- Analyzing the problem in the field of management, marketing and finances, and determines the ways of solving the problem;
- Creative use of information technology and professional software package in business administration, its presentation in professional and academic circles,
- Perform effective negotiations with team members and partners;
- Drafting a business document;
- Establish communication with the interlocutor in the subject of business topics B2.1 and B2.2 levels.
Tracking changes and innovations in marketing, managerial and finances and continuous updating of knowledge; Search for new / original ways of solving complex problems in business administration.
- Protection of ethical and moral values of business and entrepreneurship and implementation of corporate culture;
- Respect for entrepreneurial culture and ethical norms and to protect and implement them in national and international companies;
- To recognize the universally recognized ethical values;
- To distinguish national values.
Description of the Program Modules
Within the framework of the educational program, learning is undertaken by the main requirements of the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS). The learning process is based on the modular teaching principles and is aimed at enhancing the level of creative acquisition and self-education through the selection of training courses and individualization of the learning process within the specific educational program. The educational program consists of 4 modules and implies division of study courses in the following principle:
Basic Study Courses Module - includes 34 credits which will be undergone in four semesters. The module includes both obligatory (24 credits) and optional (10 credits) study courses. The main objective of mastering basic module study courses is to introduce the main directions and concepts of humanitarian, social and applied sciences, to present a presentation on the modern achievements in different fields of science, acquiring general skills, expansion of erudition, acquisition of critical analysis skills, evaluation and community skills.
Foreign Language Module – within the framework of the Bachelor’s Program Students will learn foreign language in 4 semesters to obtain 24 credits. Apart from this, foreign language, beginners and free components are provided with 8 credits.
Specialty Module - Module is designed for 142 credits and consists of two modules:
- Direction Study Course Module - 63 credits for module includes compulsory (51 credits) and optional (12 credits) study courses. The study of directional courses will be familiar with the basic principles, core theories and concepts in the field of business; Mastering systemic knowledge in the field; Working with sources, processing and classifying empirical material; Multilateral and objective analysis and generalization of facts and events; General and basic knowledge about economics and business; Develop practical skills by implementing business games and imitation business processes in a small number of students.
- The elective module for specialty study courses - module is designed for 79 credits comprising compulsory (59 credits) and elective (20 credits) study courses.
One of the specialty modules (marketing, management, finances) students are selected in the fourth semester of teaching. The objective of studying selected module study courses is to acquire and expand knowledge around the field of specialty, to get acquainted with specific fields within its boundaries and to develop and form skills required for professional career development. Selecting one of the modules causes certain field competences in specialty. 20 credits are provided to the practice and bachelor's work (10/10).
To take theoretical knowledge into practice the bachelor program envisages professional practice. Students will be trained in state, private and non-governmental organizations operating in Georgia in compliance with Georgian legislation requirements. Professional practice is provided with 10 credits and can be implemented in the organizations with which the university has signed an agreement on mutual cooperation or in the structures which are formally confirmed the willingness to undergo practice to a specific bachelor student; Also the student can undergo the practice according to his / her working place, if he/she works according to the specialty; After completion of the course, the student must present the report on the relevant chair to its public defense.
Bachelor's Thesis. The Bachelor program research and / or practical component is the Bachelor’s work, aiming at which the student must perform a creative written work in the minimal management direction, present and publicly defend it. Connect the theoretical knowledge, methods, analytical and critical approaches, generalizations to the specific topic to be fulfilled and disseminate within it. Confirm the level of knowledge received and the level of practical skills. 10 credits are intended for bachelor's work.
Free Credits Module - is intended for the purchase of free competencies that students intentionally choose from 20 academic courses in any academic program of the university. Students can make a free credit module at their own discretion.
Qualification to be Awarded
After applying the number of credits established by the educational program, the graduate is given one of the qualifications chosen by him.
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing;
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Management;
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Finances;
And given the academic degree of the sample set by the state diploma. Along with the diplomas will be issued a bilingual "Diploma Supplement, " model developed by the European Commission, Council of Europe and UNESCO / CEPES.