On May 16, 2023, two meetings were held in the university library for GTUNI students.
First meeting: "Management of public procurement process and decision-making practice".
Speaker: Gvantsa Sisoshvili - doctoral student of Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, procurement manager of the Personal Data Protection Service.
The following issues were discussed at the meeting:
• Overview of general statistical indicators in state procurement;
• Tender as an electronic means of state procurement;
• Getting to know the unified electronic system of the State Procurement Agency and the specifics of working in the system for procurement managers;
• Degree of private sector involvement and competition in public procurement;
• Tender procedures management practices, associated risks, features, and ways of improvement;
• The influence of economic and political factors on managerial decisions related to public procurement;
• Advice and recommendations for persons interested in public procurement.
Second meeting: "Brand management and decision-making in auto parts business".
Speaker: Konstantine Fatsatsia - Director of TAI (Tegeta Automotive Imports), Master of Business Engineering.
At the meeting, the speaker talked about such interesting and important topics as:
• Overview of the auto parts market in Georgia;
• Finding brands tailored to the segment in the international market;
• Profitability analysis and determination of KPIs;
• Inventory control and acceptable decisions in order management;
• management of import-related risks;
• Directions of auto parts business development in Georgia.