Precondition for admission to the Educational Program
- A person has the right to study on the educational program, who passed the united national exams in accordance with the order established by the order of the Minister of Education and Science of Georgia and on the basis of the ranking points entrants obtained the right to enroll in the university.
- Study is permissible without passing united national exams on educational programs in accordance with the rule established by the legislation.
- The right to study on the program can be obtained by the internal mobility of Ltd Guram Tavartkiladze Tbilisi Teaching University's other faculty or other higher education institution bachelor program student on the basis of external mobility in compliance with the requirements of regulation of Georgian legislation and Ltd GNTU's educational process.
Educational Program Objectives
The aim of the educational program is to promote the development of our state by training of competent psychologists, Which will have a wider knowledge on the main areas of scientific psychology, cognitive processes and the characteristic concepts of them; The aim of the educational program corresponds to the mission of Ltd Guram Tavartkiladze Tbilisi Teaching University, goals, strategies, and is focused on the employment market, which is achievable and clearly formed. Undergraduate program is designed to develop and form the values based on the ideals of democracy and humanism; Create conditions for the realization of its personal resources and development of creative skills; qualified psychologist should be trained by offering quality education according to the modern standards of higher education; to prepare staff to work in the field of psychology. The content of the educational program, the teaching / evaluation methods and credits provide the achievement of the objectives and learning outcomes. The program has all the necessary prerequisites for implementing the objectives: human, material and information resources.
The academic / invited staff the representatives of the employment field and the students were all involved in the planning and development of the educational program. The program will prepare the bachelor to continue study in the master's degree program.
The goals of the educational program are realistic and achievable, public and accessible.
In order to achieve this goal, the graduate will develop the following competences:
- Knowledge and understanding of the modalities, basic needs and motivation of the sensory processes, the characteristics of the personality, the history of psychology development and the main directions;
- Knowledge, Comparison and Explanation of Basic Concepts and Principles of Personality Psychology, Genetic and Social Factors; The main characteristics of the personality development, influential factors in the development, knowledge of developmental disorders psychological regulations;
- Knowledge of the person's empirical research methods, selection and use of psycho-diagnostic tests at start-ups level; Knowledge of individual peculiarities of the highest nervous system; List and description of physiological mechanisms of behavior, emotions and learning;
- Knowledge of the principles, structures, forms, types and origins of behavior in the process of interaction between humans and the outside world;
- Connect the theoretical and practical skills of each other and demonstrate in practice, prepare a research or practical project in accordance with predetermined directions; Explanation and classification of external and internal determinants of personality behavior;
- Practical assessment and explanation of socio-psychological problems arising in interpersonal relationships; Using knowledge gained in the structure of groups, management and settlement of the processes in the group, in case of examination and prediction of social behavior;
- Classification of tests of individual-typological peculiarities and participation in practical experiments / small-scale examination, carrying out statistical analysis of the SPSS program;
- The educational program should ensure the development of general competences necessary for psychology;
- Ability to analyze and synthesize;
- Searching of Georgian and English-language information and materials through internet resources, interpretation, evaluation, processing, and presentation of primary data; Ability to communicate in oral language and written form;
- Problem solving / decision making;
- Knowledge of the second language - knowledge of B2 level of one of the European languages (English language);
- Ability to use information and communication technologies;
- Time management skills;
- Protection of ethical principles;
- Ability to determine the need for further learning and to act independently for professional growth;
- Ability to adapt to a new environment.
The educational program should ensure the general and field competences necessary for the field of psychology. In particular, after graduating from the academic program, the bachelor shall have the following competences:
Concussion making skills
- Collection, generalization and explanation of the socio-psychological sphere; Analyzing various materials, including statistical data and / or situations, using a standard and some outstanding method, to formulate a substantiated conclusion;
- Identify problems related to psychological activity and select appropriate methods for solving them, formulation of conclusion and submission of argumentative recommendations at start-up level;
- Definition, formulation and substantiation of opinion related to solving social, professional and ethical problems;
- Own capabilities and analysis and criticism of the work done.
- Prepare a written report on the issues related to social-psychological climate in the organization during professional activities, providing information on specialists and non-specialists in Georgian and foreign languages; formation of proposals and opinions, preserve, summarize, and presentations;
- Prepare a detailed report on the ideas, current problems and solutions and deliver information;
- Creation of modern information and communication technologies - searching for Georgian and foreign language information and resources through internet resources, interpretation, evaluation, processing and presentation of primary data;
- Ability to communicate about professional stress and conflict, work motivation and various issues related to it in Georgian and foreign languages using modern technologies
- Ability to convey and present the processed materials, somebody's or their own research with APA standards.
- Organizing, planning own learning process and the ability to use a wide range of resources in sequence;
- Ability to determine the need for preparation and extension of the next stage of study;
- Time management skills - Ability to allocate time for lectures, seminars, practical tasks;
- Ability to differentiate teaching peculiarities and differentiate scientific sources;
- Ability to determine the need for further learning and to act independently for professional growth; the knowledge obtained in the university can be used as a basis for further learning and additional knowledge.
- Ability to share universally recognized ethical values;
- A system of important values for professional psychologists, knowledge of professional ethical norms and their responsibility;
- Motivation of participation in the formation of values related to the professional sphere and strive to establish them;
- Respect for diversity in society;
- Ready to implement anti-stigma and inclusion ideas;
- Obstruction of readiness of discrediting the field of knowledge.
Knowledge and awareness
- Can demonstrate the knowledge of psychological sphere involving the understanding of theories and principles; Can handle complex issues;
- List, classify and formulate the history and main directions of psychology development;
- Compare the modalities, basic needs and motivations of the sensory processes, the characteristic features of the personality structure;
- Explains the main concepts and regulations of the personality psychology, genetic and social factors;
- Ability to select, compare, evaluate, apply, and use psychodynamic tests of person's empirical research methods;
- List and describe the individual peculiarities of the performance of the higher nervous system; Physiological mechanisms of behavior, emotions, and learning;
- Defines and describes the basic characteristics of personality development, psychological functions of mental functions, development factors, developmental disorders;
- Outline statistical methods of data collection, processing and analysis for quantitative study of public events and processes; Select the basic principles of working with SPSS;
- Describes and explains the basics, structures, shapes, types and regularities in the process of interaction between humans and the outside world; Discusses and compares psychological classifications of behaviors and explains.
Use of knowledge in practice
Is able to:
- To interact with theoretical and practical skills, to illustrate in practice; Use of some of the areas that characterize the field to solve the problem, prepare the research or practical nature of the project in accordance with the predetermined instructions;
- Explanation and classification of external and internal determinants of personality behavior;
- Connecting the standard statistical methods characteristic to the psychology field with their problem; Perform a statistical analysis with SPSS program;
- Classification of individual-typological peculiarities of people and participation in experimental and practical experiments at start-up level; Implementation of small scale examination;
- Identification, examination and solving of psychological nature problems in general education institution or make appropriate decisions for prevention at start-up level;
- Analyzes behavior based on different theoretical approaches and empirical studies, preparation of relevant recommendations and using it in the professional field at the start up level;
- Practical assessment and explanation of socio-psychological problems emerged among people based on theoretical knowledge;
- Use of acquired knowledge in the case of interpersonal relationships, structure of groups, management and settlement of the processes in the group, in case of examination and prediction of human social behavior;
- Creating business documents, preparation of electronic presentations, working with electronic tables.
Description of the Bachelor Program Modules
Within the framework of the educational program, learning is undertaken by the main requirements of the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS). The learning process is based on the modular teaching principles and is aimed at enhancing the level of creative acquisition and self-education through the selection of training courses and individualization of the learning process within the specific educational program. The educational program consists 4 modules and implies the division of study courses in the following principle:
Basic Study Courses Module - Includes 36 credits which students are undergoing during four semesters. The module includes both obligatory (24 credits) and optional (12 credits) study courses. The main goal of study courses is to introduce the main directions and concepts of social sciences, presenting the presentation on modern achievements in the field of science, acquiring general skills, expansion of skills, acquiring critical analysis skills, evaluation and general skills.
Foreign Language Module – within the framework of the Bachelor Program Students will learn foreign language in 4 semesters which is intended for 24 credits. Apart from this, foreign language, beginners and free components are provided with 6 credits.
Specialty Study Course Module - Module is provided for 126 credits and consists of:
Compulsory Study Course Module – It includes compulsory (96 credits) and optional (30 credits) study courses. The study of these courses aims at acquiring fundamental principles, basic theories and concepts in the field of psychology; mastering system knowledge in the field; working with sources, processing and classifying empirical material; Multilateral, objective analysis and generalization of facts and events;
Basic Education on Psychological Science Studying the historical and modern approaches of psychology; Psychological Development of the major trends of thought, classical psychology major conceptual systems, the most important methodological and theoretical problems of psychology, psychology major branches of the origin and development history, the personality of the theoretical and empirical experience, a variety of theoretical similarities, differences and paradigms of different theoretical school; Acquaintance with historical heritage and modern state; Before studying the psychological profile subjects students will undergo the study of the physiology of higher nervous system, which is essential for future psychological subjects. Undergraduate students will learn the vital processes in the body mechanisms; the peculiarities of ontogenesis, the variability of the regularities and the impact of human activities on nature; Physiological basics of major mental processes, a wide variety of behavior, memory and learning, functional condition mechanisms, physiology of analyzes system, neurophysiology of emotions. Students will get valuable systemic knowledge of applied value in development psychology, which involves the ontogenesis of the child's psychic processes and psychological characteristics, Study the peculiarities of psychological, psycho-sexual, psycho-emotional and psycho-social development of the age, psycho-psychological and social development peculiarities, methodological principles, transition and adolescence age; Be aware of the general principles of infringement of the mental development of children and influencing the factors (constitutional, genetic, environment) of these violations; The place and importance of the primary and secondary problems of mental developmental disorders in the process of personal development of the child in order to develop skills to participate in the planning and implementation of relevant projects; To understand and analyze (at start-up level) scientific perceptions and research findings about human groups, its types, shapes, structures, processes in the group; Get acquainted with interpersonal relationships, which are related to the emergence of superstitions, stereotypes and discrimination; Learn about the newest field of psychological science, such as education psychology, The aim of which is to acquire general knowledge about solving the peculiarities of the inclusive classes and the problems associated with it, effectively building interpersonal communications;
Specialty Elective Course Module aim is to provide students with a free choice based learning disciplines that will deepen and / or give them additional knowledge in the field of applied psychology.
Professional Practice. To move theoretical knowledge into practice the undergraduate program envisages professional practice. Students will be trained in state, private and non-governmental organizations operating in Georgia in compliance with Georgian legislation requirements. 12 credits is intended for the professional practice and it can be implemented in the organizations with which the university has signed a contract on mutual cooperation or in the structures which formally confirm the readiness to undergo practice for a particular undergraduate;
Also the student can practice according to his / her work place, if it works according to the specialty; after completion of this, the student must submit a report on the relevant department to its public defense.
Bachelor's Thesis. The Bachelor's Program Research and / or Practical part is the Bachelor's thesis, aimed at a student, under a minimum supervision, perform a creative written paper, present and publicly defense it. To combine the theoretical knowledge, methods, analytical and critical approaches, the generalizations and the specific topic to be fulfilled and to disseminate it; confirm the level of knowledge received and the level of practical skills. 12 credits are intended for bachelor's work.
Free Credits Module - It is intended for the purchase of free competencies that students intentionally choose from the Free Credit Module presented in the Psychology Bachelor's Program or any of the Educational Courses of any academic program applicable at the university with 30 credits. Students can volunteer to make a free credit module.
Qualification to be granted
After obtaining the number of credits (240 credits) established by the educational program, the graduate is conferred with the Qualification / Academic Degree: Bachelor of Social Sciences in Psychology. The graduate will also get the bilingual supplement to the diploma; The Diploma Supplement follows the model developed by the European Commission, European council and UNESCO/ CEPES.
After completion of the Bachelor's Program and obtaining Bachelor Degree of Bachelor of Social Sciences in Psychology - knowledge acquired in study process, the ability to use it in practice and a certain level of research experience allows to work in the private and state structures - in the education sector, health and social sphere, manufacturing organizations or any other institution that needs a professional psychologist and does not require a master's academic degree. Object of activities - general educational institutions (public and private schools, kindergartens), children’s shelters and children with disabilities, penitentiary and probation system, banking sector etc.
Types of activities - Psychologist, teacher assistant, class tutor, personnel selection and research, involvement in solving issues related to customer service, re-socialization of persons in penitentiary system and etc.