Precondition for admission to the Master’s Program
A bachelor or a person with an academic degree equalized with the right to study the educational program on the basis of common Master's Exams or in accordance with the rule established by the legislation of Georgia without passing general Master's Examinations. The additional condition for entering Master’s Program is:
- Internal university exam in specialty;
- Confirmation of the knowledge level of foreign language (B2) certification or with examination.
The right to study in the program can obtain a Master of Business Administration from another higher education institution based on mobility in compliance with Georgian legislation and rules of regulation of educational process.
Educational Program Objectives
The aim of the educational program corresponds to the mission, values, goals and objectives of Ltd Guram Tavartkiladze Tbilisi Teaching University.
Presented Master's Educational Program is focused on modern employment requirements of the employment market. Its aim is to prepare specialists for competitive banking and financial activities. The flexible structure of the program aims at facilitating student mobility in the universities in Georgia and abroad, as well as preparing them to continue their studies in Doctoral Studies.
- Acquire in-depth theoretical knowledge in the field of banking relations and acquire practical activities; Determining the tasks faced by the credit-banking system and knowledge of practical methods of their solution.
- Knowledge of the global business environment and methods of analyzing the ongoing processes; Definition of monetary and trading, effective strategies of policy; Knowledge of the analysis and synthesis criteria for correct management decisions.
- Knowledge of the role and significance of the Georgian statehood, the maintenance of economic sustainability of the country, the role and importance of international financial and economic organizations.
- In-depth knowledge of research and analysis and evaluation methods of business and economic processes, its cost management methodology.
- Knowledge of banking system policy and strategy planning and practical methods, improve the ability to evaluate liquidity and payment capability of commercial banks.
- Analysis and assessment of the circumstances and factors affecting the banking and financial sector in global business.
- Determination and realization, development of the possibilities of using international currency-credit relations system;
Within its competence
- Ability to participate in the research work, can make critical analysis of scientific papers, using the modern methods of research using the planning and scientific knowledge; Familiar with the banking legislation and the principles of legitimate correct actions in relation to studies.
- Critical assessment of difficult, incomplete and asymmetric data, their independent analysis, generalization / conveying of the results and use.
- Ability to use full range of educational and informational resources, can manage their own learning process. Recognizing the need for constant updating of knowledge; Can determine the needs of their own and subsequent learning.
- Defends the principles of ethics in colleagues and relationships. Can respect multicultural values and understand the moral, ethical and legal norms of different countries and protect them in banking institutions. Can respect multicultural values and understand the moral, ethical and legal norms of different countries and protect them in banking institutions.
Master’s Program Study Outcome
Educational program should develop general and field competences necessary for the banking sector. Specifically, after completion of the educational program, the Master may have the following competences:
The graduate will be able to
- Identification of credit policy and strategy of the bank, assessment of client's creditworthiness, methods of banking operations, knowledge of organization specificity;
- Determination of the characteristics of international banking-credit policy, interconnection and depth assessment, determination of methods of currency operations,
- Distinguish the characteristics of implementation of international banking and currency operations on global markets and evaluate the current environment.
- Assessment of the role of international economic and financial institutions in socio-economic development of the country;
- Modern methods of research in depth, their importance and evaluation in business and economic research. Describe the methods used in the studies; Assess business processes, abstraction, generalization;
Ability to use knowledge in practice
The graduate will be able to
- Can determine the financial policy and strategy of the bank, evaluate the financial position of the bank, probability of profit-loss, evaluate bank risks;
- Demonstrate basic banking operations; Can review / define the issue of livelihood of lending of entities,
- Can evaluate business using modern methods (Invud, Hoskold and Ring models), calculation of cash flows (Gordon model); Structural property and income analysis; Can evaluate the cost of business structure operations based on different approaches;
- Determining / identifying, connecting, recycling, interpreting and practice the characteristics of information / data events and processes about the planned or ongoing projects in Georgia by international financial and economic organizations,
Graduates will be able to:
- Have the ability to participate in the research work, can analyze scientific papers, use the modern methods of research to use planning and scientific knowledge; know the banking legislation and the principles of legitimate correct actions in relation to studies.
Ability of Analysis and synthesis
- Can make critical assessment of difficult, incomplete and asymmetric data, their independent analysis, generalization / conveying of the results and use.
Constant updating of learning/knowledge
- Ability to use full range of educational and informational resources, can manage their own learning process. Recognizing the need for constant updating of knowledge; can determine the needs of their own and subsequent learning.
Ability to protect ethical principles
- Defends the principles of ethics with colleagues, in relations. Can respect multicultural values and understand the moral, ethical and legal norms of different countries and protect them in banking institutions.
Description of the program modules
Within the framework of the educational program, learning is undertaken by the main requirements of the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS). The learning process is based on the modular teaching principles and is intended to enhance the knowledge acquisition and level of self-education based on the choice of training courses and individualization of the teaching process within the specific Master Program.
The educational program consists of 2 modules and implies division of study courses in the following principle:
The Basic Study Course Module (24 credits) of the Specialty Basic Training Courses is the main objective of studying the global business and financial-economic main directions and in-depth study of the concepts, the specialty of various achievements in the field of modern technology in-depth analysis of the acquisition, in-depth knowledge of filed skills, expansion of erudition, critical analysis, acquisition of ability to independently determine the cause-effective relationships, establishing independent depth assessments and general skills.
Specialty Module - Module is designed for 54 credits comprising compulsory (36 credits) and elective (18 credits) study courses.
The specialty module students are undergoing in the autumn and spring semester for the second year of the study. The objective of studying module training courses is to acquire and expand in-depth knowledge of the specialized specialty, in-depth understanding of specific areas within the boundaries and development of skills required for professional career development. Specialty module determines to pass the subject specific competences, implementation skills independently in specialty. 42 credits are given to master's seminars, professional practice and master's thesis.
Professional practice is a necessary component of Master's program, where the Master will develop practical skills, including skills related to in-depth research of a specific master's problem (see syllabus of professional practice). Master's students will undergo professional practice in the organizations, with which the university has signed a contract on mutual cooperation, which formally confirm the readiness to undergo the practice individually to a particular master; Also the student can undergo practice in his / her workplace if he / she works according to the specialty; After the completion of the practice, the student must present the report to the relevant chair to its public defense. In this component the Master student must collect 12 credits.
Master thesis - Master's program is completed by master's thesis, according to which the student is given the appropriate academic degree / qualification. 30 credits are for master's thesis. Getting acquainted with the materials the Master implements on the practice object. According to the plan elaborated, the relevant literature works, the issues covered by the plan are preserved at the end of the second academic year. The program structure enables the student to set up individual curriculum at the expense of a combination of compulsory and elective disciplines. Selection of Elective Courses According to semesters students can, according to their basic needs, in accordance with the basic requirements set out the study program.
Qualification to be granted
After obtaining the number of credits established by the educational program, the graduate is conferred with the Qualification / Academic Degree: Master of Business Administration in Banking. The graduate will also get the bilingual supplement to the diploma; The Diploma Supplement follows the model developed by the European Commission, European council and UNESCO/ CEPES.
Professional occupation sphere and object of Master
Master's professional occupation spheres are financial-banking institutions, business and state structures.
Master's professional activities include: banking, microfinance, public and private sectors, realization of profitable banking products. Implementing successful banking management.
Master's professional activity types: Providing banking and financial services. Credit Officer, Branch Manager, Personal Banker and on other relevant positions. Graduates of the Master Program can, if they wish, continue their studies in Doctoral or Master’s other programs to advance the qualification.